What is Sol-ID?
Sol-ID is a unique form of personal identification that provides vital, potentially life-saving, information such as name, doctor’s phone number and medical conditions (e.g. allergies, diabetes, etc.) in the event of any emergency.
It is a paper-thin, self-laminating sticker that fits inside your shoes and is accessible only to health-care and/or law enforcement personnel.
Sol-ID is the preferred method of personal emergency identification because it’s:
- Easy to use
- Can’t be lost or stolen
Sol-ID is an inexpensive tool that can save a child’s life while providing effective identification for athletes and other active adults who don’t generally carry identification when running, riding, hiking or working out.
Sol-ID has taken the worry out of the unexpected and now anyone can be prepared for an emergency, accident or natural disaster.
Who should use Sol-I.D.?
- Anyone who does NOT carry identification at all times
In today’s busy society, carrying identification is a very important thing that people tend to not think about. With very little emphasis placed on citizens to carry identification, this important issue is being overlooked.
What price is being paid?
Each year in the United States:
- 70 million people receive hospital care
- 4,000 children are admitted to emergency rooms with injuries
- 84% of all injuries resulting in hospitalization involved unintentional injuries (i.e. accidents)
- 100,000 people die needlessly because of lack of adequate available Emergency Services
We’d like to think we are being as cautious as we can, both with our own safety and that of our children. However, the reality is that accidents do happen. When they do, will you be prepared? Will the proper authorities even know who you are?
Sol-l.D. Provides Information
The ability to identify and verify personal and medical information is crucial in emergency care. The American Medical Association and the American College of Emergency Physicians have emphasized the need for and desirability of a methodology for providing personal and emergency medical identification. Often the most severely injured and most seriously ill are unable to communicate with emergency personnel. Small children are often traumatized, or because of immaturity, unable to provide the essential information needed for prompt treatment.
Sol-l.D. is one way to provide important information when you are unable to do so. Paper-thin, Sol-l.D. fits easily into a shoe. The special transparent protector sheet keeps writing from being obscured by even the most active of feet. Most importantly, its design allows you to record information that may prove life-saving in an emergency. Name, allergies and emergency contacts become immediately accessible to any health-care provider or law enforcement officer. It speaks for you when you can’t speak for yourself.
Sol-l.D. and Children
Children are an especially vulnerable part of our society. Together with the elderly, they are the most at risk for unintentional injuries than all other age groups. Beyond rudimentary initial care, medical personnel needs parental consent in order to legally protect themselves before administering treatment to an injured person in their care and control. Communicating something as simple as a home phone number becomes difficult for an injured and confused child. It is an impossibility for an unconscious child or adult.
Sol-l.D. is more beneficial than other, more traditional, forms of temporary child identification because it is inconspicuous and private.
- Developmentally, most school-aged children are especially sensitive to criticism from their peers. Identification jewelry can carry a stigma of being “for babies”, thereby making the wearer uncomfortable. Sol-I.D. is worn in a non-visible area.
- Personal information in a bracelet or necklace form runs the risk of being intercepted by strangers. Sol-l.D. is seen by only those for whom it is intended.
Sol-l.D., and Adults
Sol-l.D. is a concept for adults as well as young children. Sol-l.D. can be relied upon as the primary source of identification for athletes and as a secondary form for those who may become separated from their regular identification. For busy adults, Sol-l.D. is both convenient and dependable.
- People can be separated from their regular identification. Victims of violent crimes are especially vulnerable to this as identification and wallets are rarely left behind by the perpetrator. Sol-l.D. is a secondary form of identification, in an unobtrusive location, to ensure that the necessary people will be contacted in the event of an emergency.
- Mentally disabled adults and those suffering from such ailments as Alzheimer’s Disease cannot often recollect basic personal information. Someone who is disoriented rarely remembers to take along a wallet. Sol-l.D. ensures that this information is always accessible.
- Athletes and other active adults rarely carry cumbersome identification with them. Bikers and joggers are especially guilty of this, even though bike-related injuries claim at least 1,000 lives a year on U.S. streets and highways. In addition, about a half million people each year require emergency room treatment for bicycle injuries. Sol-l.D. is permanently affixed to the inside of the one piece of equipment specifically needed for the activity: The athletic shoe.
“Joggers and cyclists have got to start helping us by carrying identification. “
Manhattan Beach Police Department